This subtly sweet granola allows the natural flavors of the nuts and fruit to shine. Sprinkle these crunchy, lightly toasted oats over a large bowl of fresh fruit. Or save a serving for a special snack after yoga.
No matter the time of day, this gluten-free and completely vegan granola is a great stand alone snack. Or it can go with your favorite fruit, granola, yogurt or milk.
This granola recipe is easy to make. It is delicious to eat, and granola is a healthy source of carbohydrates.
Blue Osa Granola
From the Kitchen of Blue Osa
Gluten Free, Vegan
10 cups of rolled oats
1 cup finely chopped almonds
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup (if you have it)
3/4 cup honey
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups of raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Line two large baking sheets with aluminum foil
- Mix oats, almonds, pecans and walnuts in a large bowl
- In a saucepan stir the salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, oil, cinnamon, and vanilla together until the sugar is dissolved
- Bring sugar mixture to a boil over medium heat and pour over the dry ingredients
- Add sugar mixture to oats and nut mixture
- Fully blend mixtures together
- Spread the mixture evenly over the baking sheet
- Place baking sheet in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the oats are evenly toasted
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and let stand until the oats are cool
- Once the Granola is cool add dried cranberries
- Store in airtight container
Please share with us in the comments below your favorite Granola Recipe or link.
Buen Provecho from Blue Osa Yoga Retreat + Spa