As our daily schedules become more jammed, to-do lists increase, and commitments must be taken care of, little by little simplicity is thrown out the door. We start to become conditioned into finding ways to create more of this ‘busy life’, while thinking this is the way to make a life, when we truly have just forgotten how to live.
Do you remember who you were before the world told you who to be?
It’s easy to get caught up in the hopes and dreams of others. We soon begin to perform from a place to impress others, to meet their expectations/standards. By remembering what it is that we’d like to create out of our lives, not for others but for ourselves, we begin to let go of an idea of how to be and surrender of how we are meant to be.
We can all experience simplicity in different ways, it can vary for each one of us but for most people this can be felt simply through surrendering, and appreciating the moment just as is.
To create the most out of these following steps, you can start by choosing from a place of curiosity, peace and an open mind.
Even though, fulfillments and achievements can be personally gained through an active lifestyle, having too much of this won’t bring you space to feel inner peace, joy and the simple pleasures of life. There’s no way to completely escape the commitments you have to do, no doubt about that, but it’s about simplifying your mind that will allow you to experience the essential beauties of life.
NOT SURE IF YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
We Created This FREE 5 Part Series So You Can Get All The Information To Make The Right Choice!
Confirm Your Email
Here are 5 ways into creating a more zen-filled, simple daily life:
1. What material possessions are really worth it? It is very easy to become attached to our phones, computers, tv’s, high brand clothing’s, accessories, etc that once we have them, we want more of them, until it keeps feeding us and absorbing time out of us, when we suddenly realize where time went or questioning how we spent it. Ask yourself, out of all of these material possessions, which one is really worth it? create freedom from the dependency of these possessions and enjoy the simplicity of using less.
2. Reconsider who is truly important for you. If we constantly hang out with others just for the pressure of impressing them, we will miss out on surrounding ourselves with people who truly care about us, there’s no need to be with others who are only giving you anything but love. You have the choice to see and choose who is really worthy of your time, and those that aren’t, peacefully start letting them go of your life.
3. Giving up on control. Trying to make things ‘perfect’ all the time can be stressful, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves and expect our standards to be met exactly the way we plan them to, when no matter how much work we put into it, we will never fully predict the changes that can come ahead of us. Instead of stressing out about the results, try adding simplicity and enjoy your journey to the end result. Your dreams and goals can still be planned out but be open to the changes and opportunities that come your way.
4. Enjoy the simple moments. We can easily get caught up into our schedules and have less time of doing activities we enjoy to do, we might not even remember when was the last time we read a book by the water, or took a long bath with music. Invest time for yourself by enjoying your choice of the simple pleasures, once or if you have time twice a week. Creating this free time for yourself will have a calming change in your life, there won’t be a need to rush through time, but instead you’ll be creating more time.
5. Smile and breath. As you have experienced, life won’t always be filled with rainbows and unicorns, but it’s through these moments that you encounter the low’s and high’s of life, to simply smile and just breath. We can get so serious about our life, and can take things very personal that with just turning the corners of your mouth upward and having a nice, deep inhale and exhale, it can be a reminder that by taking simple actions can guide us back to enjoying the underlying beauty of the present moment and simplicity of life.
Enjoy your journey to simplicity
It’s all a process, and even though we cannot escape completely from our responsibilities, there are better ways to manage our everyday living in more beneficial and peaceful ways. Remember to take it all day by day and to enjoy the process where your life unfolds.
What is your meaning of perfect?
We all have different meanings of the word ‘perfect’, and try to achieve as much perfection in all that we do but trying to only strive for this state can lead to disappointment. Remember that nothing is perfect, but each time you try to create simplicity into your actions, is accepting the imperfection of what is in front of us and no time in there is wasted, no time on the path is ever wasted, you’re just a step and action away from living with more simplicity.
“Live simply so that others may simply live.” -Mahatma Gandhi
About The Author
Born in Colombia, raised in Florida with a mind full of curiosity on spirituality and how to make the world a better place. Nicole has been practicing yoga since she was 16 years old, ever since she’s wanted to expand her yoga practice which has turned into her ultimate passion. She went to Costa Rica where her practice got more deep and now being a certified yoga instructor, still in Costa Rica, as a writer/blogger and finishing her studies on holistic health. Growing up in a household and group of friends full of support and love is what has allowed her to achieve her dreams and to continue to be where she currently is. Expressing her passions with yoga, writing, health and nature through social media wanting to spread her passion through out the world, one picture and one message at a time.