Mangos are juicy, delicious and vibrant tropical fruits. But did you know that in addition to their sumptuous tropical flavor, this superfood delivers a host of nutrients supporting many health benefits including even the ability to lower the risk of certain cancers?
Did You Know?
- One cup of mangos is just 100 calories, so it’s a sweet treat that won’t weigh you down
- Each serving of mango is fat-free, sodium free and cholesterol free
- Mangos contain over 20 different vitamins and minerals making them a superfood
- 3/4 cup of mango provides 50% of your daily vitamin C, 8% of your daily Vitamin A and 8% of your daily vitamin B6
- Mangos have been used in numerous ways from treating anemia to skin care products because of the pore clearing pulp
At Blue Osa, this versatile and tasty fruit is available year round and adds delicious flavor to many of our dishes. One of our favorite mango recipes is our creamy mango smoothie with a special ingredient that gives this frozen delight an Indian twist. Read our simple recipe below and treat yourself to a taste of the Osa Peninsula at home.
Gluten-free, no sugar added, and high fiber
We believe food should be FUN.
We believe food should be a CELEBRATION.
We believe food should be the FUEL that helps us live our most meaningful life!
Here at Blue Osa, we are always refining our recipes, incorporating the freshest and most local ingredients we can get our hands on, and of course, joyfully sharing our creations with our guests at every meal.
We decided to put together our favorite recipes for YOU in our new book titled Eat To Feel Happy And Healthy – Rainforest Recipes That Bring You Joy so you can experience a little taste of Blue Osa from your very own kitchen!
This book includes recipes that the Blue Osa kitchen crew and Yogi Aaron have developed and refined over the years. It’s chock full of our best breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus as well as recipes for our specialty breads, sauces, dressings, desserts, juices, smoothies, and cocktails!
Buen Provecho from Blue Osa Yoga Retreat + Spa