We are so blessed to have mangos that grow in abundance on in Costa Rica on the Osa Peninsula. This mango salsa is crisp, juicy, and has just the right amount of Picante. Each sumptuous bite will make you feel like you are right back at Blue Osa. As the mango dissolves in your mouth imagine palm trees swaying around you, the lull of waves crashing on the beach, and brightly colored parakeets fly over your head.
Costa Rican Farm To Table Mango Salsa
From the Kitchen of Blue Osa
Gluten-free, fat-free, sugar-free and vegan
Makes 6 servings
- 1 red onion, diced
- 5 jalapeno peppers diced(add 1/4 habanero pepper for extreme heat)
- 2 mangos, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp chili power
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup olive oil, 1 tbsp tabasco or other pepper sauce
Mix all the ingredients together. Refrigerate for 1 hour, and then serve. Keep in mind that the salt will draw out the juice from the ingredients so the mixture may have to be drained from time to time.
Buen Provecho from Blue Osa Yoga Retreat + Spa