It’s a classic!
And when life gives you flavorful, ripe bananas, you gotta make bread!
Family and friends love this recipe as it is the perfect welcome present for your next door neighbor, the perfect baking project for a cozy afternoon, an optimal healthy snack on the go, and, if you choose, a treat for an indulgent European-style breakfast, enjoyed with fresh coffee and a newspaper of course.
Why Gluten Free?
While going gluten-free seems to be the “in” thing these days, there really are a lot of benefits to the choice . But that does not mean you have to give up the good things in life. Banana bread being one of them.
Did you know that bananas, in addition to being nature’s candy also carry high nutritional value? Check out our post on six reasons to go bananas over ripe bananas.
Why Are Bananas Are So Healthy For You? Here Are 5 Reasons:
- They are loaded in potassium.
- They are high in protein.
- They are great for ulcers or sensitive guts.
- They are high in Vitamin B6
- Bananas are high in fiber and thus help aid in digestion.
So don’t throw out your old bananas. Use them to make this gluten free banana bread recipe.
Gluten Free Banana Bread
From the Kitchen of Blue Osa
Gluten free, wheat free, sugar-free, fat-free
- 4 eggs
- 3 medium overly ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a bowl, mix eggs, banana, coconut milk, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Combine both mixtures and stir until well incorporated.
- Grease a bread pan and pour in batter.
- Bake for 35-50 minutes
Enjoy this tasty treat at home or fly directly to Blue Osa to taste it from our kitchen!
Looking for more banana recipes to up your cooking game?
Check these ones out!