From the beautiful oasis of Blue Osa and chef Marie we are bringing you another tropical and delicious ensalada.
This is a simple and healthy salad to tantalize your taste buds; the fresh flavors will leave a smile on your face.
This salad is easy to make with only three main ingredients: a cool and refreshing compliment to any meal during the summer months (when mangos and green beans are in season).
Mangoes are one of the tastiest tropical fruits around. There are mango trees everywhere in Costa Rica.
Mangoes are beautifully juicy and sweet, soft and fleshy. You can eat them sweet or added to savoury dishes for extra zing and bite.
Check out our delicious mango cheesecake recipe.
Why we love mangoes:
- Contain special bio-active elements that dramatically improve digestion and have a cleansing quality.
- Are filled with a high level of soluble fibre, pectin and Vitamin C that helps to lower cholesterol.
- Boost concentration as they contain Glutamine Acid which helps keep cells active.
- Are possibly a slight aphrodisiac and contain levels that Vitamin E that regulate sex hormones and boosts sex drive!
- Can act as an antibacterial and help to keep bugs at bay.
- Are high in iron, helping to combat anaemia.
Why We Love Avocados
Avocado is a rather unique type of fruit.
- Most fruit consists primarily of carbohydrate, while avocado is high in healthy fats.
- Avocados are very high in potassium, which should support healthy blood pressure levels, and potassium is an important mineral that most people don’t get enough of.
- Avocados and avocado oil are high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a “heart healthy” fatty acid that is believed to be one of the main reasons for the health benefits of olive oil.
- Avocados tend to be high in fiber, about 7% by weight, which is very high compared to most other foods. Fiber can have various important benefits for weight loss and metabolic health.
- Cutting board
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp orange juice fresh squeezed is better
- salt and pepper add to taste
- Mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper
- Clean and cut green beans in half. Blanch green beans for 1 minute in boiling water
- Peel and cut red onion into thin rings. Peel and cut mango and avocado into cubes
- Mix together the beans, mango, avocado and red onions. Add dressing to salad and toss to coat ingredients
- Serve chilled
Mango Avocado SaladDuring the summer time, this salad is easy to make with only three main ingredients: a cool and refreshing compliment to any meal.Servings: 3 peopleCalories: 190kcalCost: $5 - $8
NotesBuen Provecho from Blue Osa Yoga Retreat + Spa!
Gluten-Free Recipies From The Blue Osa Kitchen
We know going gluten-free can be tough. That's why we've put together these delicious gluten-free recipes for you straight from the Blue Osa Kitchen! You may find you like them even better than the gluten versions.
Success, Check Your Inbox!
Pin It For Later