Starfruit, also known as carambola, is a sweet and sour exotic fruit in a star shape. It’s not only tasty but its health benefits make it one of the best tropical fruits on the market. Good news, we have 3 starfruit trees at Blue Osa to refresh your days with star fruit juices or desserts.
From the Kitchen of Blue Osa
Gluten-free, sugar-free, fat-free, vegan, raw vegan
Starfruit Healing Properties:
* very low in calories
* full of antioxidants – vitamin C and B-complex and flavonoids
* helps with metabolism
* contains oxalic acid which helps with the absorption of some minerals but on the other hand can be harmful to people with kidney problems so check out with your doctor
* starfruit does not allow toxins to get absorbed and thus protects the colon
* mineral intake – zinc, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium
* the starfruit peel is a great dietary fiber
* heals cough
* cures headaches and hangovers
- 3 starfruits freshly picked in the garden
- 1 cilantro leave
- 3 leaves of mint or lemon hierbabuena plant
- 2 cups of water
- Trim off the ends of star fruits, chop the rest and put into a blender or just muddle really well.
- Pour fresh water and blend it all until smooth.
- Add mint and cilantro leaves.
- Add cinnamon to taste and blend or muddle for another second.
- Serve in a glass.
And for those cocktail lovers, check out how to make Blue Osa’s signature Starfruit Cocktail!
Buen Provecho from Blue Osa Retreat + Spa