We want to help ensure your safety during your stay with us. We hope to help you feel safe through the actions we are taking with Covid19.
With this in mind, social distancing measures implemented for all services for the protection of our guests.
To help us protect our guests, we will be taking the following steps:
- Our restaurant is a dining culinary experience served to your table by our waiters that will be wearing facemasks.
- We offer online and contactless check-in. We have a full online check-in available that also includes a video tour of our property. All guests will be required to complete this online check-in.
- Meals will be socially distanced, except for parties of people traveling together.
- Throughout the property, hand sanitizer stations are available.
- Because all current studies have shown that open spaces coupled with social distancing do not contribute to the transmission of Covid19, we will not require guests to wear masks at Blue Osa. Blue Osa is an open air resort with consistent ocean breezes.
- All service staff, housekeeping, and kitchen staff will wear protective masks and other equipment during your stay.
- And we ask our guests to practice social distancing around our staff and other guests at all times.
- Thorough cleanings are performed in all guest rooms before your arrival using government recommended disinfectants and cleaning supplies.
- We are giving ongoing training for our staff about hygiene and cleanliness.
- Temperature checks of all staff will be taken daily before working.
- Our guests will be required to wear a facemask in the shuttle carrying them to and from the airport + adventure tours.
- Private shuttles are available upon request.
- In the event someone begins to show signs of Covid19,Blue Osa will have a remote dedicated, room, which is remote from our common spaces and standard guest rooms.
To help us protect our guests, we are asking for your help in the following:
- We do encourage single occupancy, except for couples or a known friend or family member.
- We recommend you to bring your yoga mat & yoga blanket.
- Please bring facemasks with you to help ensure a more pleasant stay.
- We encourage all guests to take advantage of our remote location and to spend time on the beach, in our sacred places in the property.
- Should a guest begin to experience flu-like symptoms, we will ask them to remain in their spacious room while we contact our local medical clinic with excellent doctors who speak English. If deemed necessary, we will have a Corona Virus test administered, and if a guest should test positive, we will then follow Costa Rica’s health protocols for the wellbeing of the guest and all guests at Blue Osa. For elderly or at-risk guests, we can make arrangements to fly them to a private hospital in San Jose.
Covid19 guidelines required by Costa Rica:
• updated versions of these requirements are listed here.
Travels must have:
Travel insurance covers medical expenses of at least US $ 20,000 (twenty thousand US dollars) and isolation and accommodation expenses of at least US $4,000 (four thousand US dollars). This insurance must cover all possible medical costs in case of COVID-19 contagion and must be purchased from an authorized travel insurance agency registered in Costa Rica.
The Costa Rica Tourism Board will receive a request from the tourist. That request must include:
• A signed declaration indicating the policy meets the requirements.
• Proof from the insurance company indicating the policy covers the tourist(s).
Complete the online form called “Pase de Salud” (Health Pass). This form is available online at https://salud.go.cr/. In that same link, visitors can purchase the required health insurance. (This is the same link as in step 4 above.)