We want to help ensure your safety during your stay with us. We hope to help you feel safe through the actions we are taking with Covid19.
With this in mind, social distancing measures implemented for all services for the protection of our guests.
To help us protect our guests, we will be taking the following steps:
To help us protect our guests, we are asking for your help in the following:
Covid19 guidelines required by Costa Rica:
• updated versions of these requirements are listed here.
Travels must have:
a) Travel insurance covers medical expenses of at least US $ 20,000 (twenty thousand US dollars) and isolation and accommodation expenses of at least US $4,000 (four thousand US dollars). This insurance must cover all possible medical costs in case of COVID-19 contagion and must be purchased from an authorized travel insurance agency registered in Costa Rica.
1. The Costa Rica Tourism Board will receive a request from the tourist. That request must include:
• A signed declaration indicating the policy meets the requirements.
• Proof from the insurance company indicating the policy covers the tourist(s).
2. Tourists will receive a response to their request within 24 hours on workdays, or 48 hours on weekends/holidays.
3. If the policy does not meet the requirements, the tourist will be notified. They will have 24 hours to correct the issue, or they can purchase a plan that has been pre-approved by the General Insurance Superintendency. (insurance will be available through the Costa Rican National Insurance Institute (INS): https://cotiza.ins-cr.com/frmDatosIncluir.aspx?P=431
4. If the policy meets requirements and is approved, ICT will send the tourist a QR code that must be shown to Costa Rican immigration authorities upon entering the country. The relevant documents from Step 1 must also be submitted as part of the digital Health Pass that is required for all travelers.
b) A COVID-19 negative test. The test’s sample must be taken within 48 hours before the traveling date to Costa Rica. Only those tests provided by laboratories authorized by the health authorities are accepted. The only test that is accepted is the real-time polymerase chain reaction test, also called PCR-RT for COVID-19. Rapid test results, serological tests, or immunity tests will not be accepted. The test result must be in English or Spanish. The RT-PCR test is required for all travelers older than 12 years.
c) Complete the online form called “Pase de Salud” (Health Pass). This form is available online at https://salud.go.cr/. In that same link, visitors can purchase the required health insurance. (This is the same link as in step 4 above.)