Yoga Retreat to Angkor Wat Cambodia with Yogi Aaron
What kind of Yoga will be taught?
Yogi Aaron integrates Asana (postures), Pranayama (breathing techniques), meditation, contemplation, Partner Yoga and other diverse practices and insights.
The retreat will be held in Siem Reap, which is the city that hosts visitors to Angkor Wat. The hotel we will be staying at is the Rambutan Resort. You may click here to see more. http://rambutanresortsr.com/home/
September 22 – October 1, 2016.
We will officially begin the retreat at dinner on September 22, and our retreat will officially end on the evening of September 30. This will give you the flexibility to leave whenever you wish on October 1. To arrive earlier or stay later, please email Rambutan here. gm(at)rambutansr.com Please let them know you are part of Blue Osa Journeys Yoga Retreat to Angkor Wat with Yogi Aaron.
Angkor Wat, Cambodia holds such awe and mystery in our minds.
Take a journey with with Yogi Aaron as we explore Cambodia’s Angkor Wat, the “Kingdom of Wonders.”
From Yogi Aaron:
“There are a few reasons why I decided to bring a group to Cambodia. For myself, I had never heard much about Cambodia, and the little I did hear was not positive or well informed. While in Thailand, my friend who I was traveling with, suggested that we visit Cambodia. I immediately agreed if for no other reason than to go to Cambodia. Upon our arrival, we were met by such loving and caring people – everyone from our driver to the staff at the hotel we stayed at. Our tour guide was not only exceptional but so caring toward us.
This retreat will be one of the most unique and special Blue Osa Journeys has ever offered. I look forward to seeing you in Cambodia.”
This Journey Includes
YOGA with AARON!
Daily Morning Yoga Practices with Yogi Aaron
Fantastic and delicious meals (breakfast and dinner)
10 days / 9 nights Accommodations at the Rambutan Resort
Round-Trip Airport Shuttle
Airport shuttle to (Sept 22) and from (Oct 1) Rambutan in Siem Reap on Sept(You must let me know your arrival times) The shuttle service is not transferable to other dates.
Unlimited access to our guide for the full 10 days. (Your guide will be available for personal tours when we do not have any scheduled activities)
Gratuities for our Drivers and Guide
Free WiFi in most places
Plenty To Do
An itinerary of scheduled activities
Entrance fees to Angkor Wat
Tour of the floating villages & Tour of Kulen Mountain
A special Farewell Dinner and Party & MORE SURPRISES
This Trip Is For You If?
- You are craving adventure.
- You have always dreamed of seeing the Angkor Wat.
- You love food and like to taste different kinds of cuisines.
- You want to ignite your yoga practice.
- You want Yogi Aaron to guide you on a profound inner journey.
- You want to deepen your awareness of and connection to humanity.
- You want to crack wide-open all of your ideas about yoga, spirituality and many you have about yourself.
WHO IS THIS TRIP NOT FOR
- If you like to or need to complain. The number rule on any Blue Osa Retreat is: Don’t complain, don’t explain. Travel is a gift. Travel is about exploring the limits of who you think you are in the real world.
- If you have strict, rigid and uncompromising dietary needs, please do not join us for this retreat. Food is an adventure when traveling.
- If you do not adapt easily to changes in the itinerary.
The kinds of things that are not included?
Your Flights to and from Siem Reap, massages, gratuities, the fabulous ice cream you may purchase at the special Golden Pumpkin, etc. Lunch is also not included. This will give you some flexibility on where you may want to go and explore some of the fantastic Cambodian cuisine.
How to get to Siem Reap, Cambodia?
Getting to Siem Reap could not be easier. The best thing to do is to consult with your travel agent. (We work with a great travel agent who seeks out some of the best deals. Let us know if you would like her contact info.) Our suggestion is to fly through Bangkok and then to take Bangkok Airways direct to Siem Reap.
Once you have booked your flight to Siem Reap, please email us your arrival and departure information so that we may arrange for your pick up from the airport.
Accommodations[vls_ag_gallery layout_type=”masonry-v” layout_aspect_ratio=”1.333″ layout_advanced_column_setup=”false” layout_column_count_max=”3″ layout_column_count_xl=”0″ layout_column_count_l=”0″ layout_column_count_m=”0″ layout_column_count_s=”0″ layout_column_count_xs=”0″ hover_effect_style=”none” hover_effect_variant=”1″ hover_effect_enable_link=”false” hover_effect_caption_color=”rgba(255,255,255,0.8)” hover_effect_description_color=”rgba(255,255,255,0.8)” hover_effect_primary_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0.4)” hover_effect_caption_font_size=”1.2em” hover_effect_description_font_size=”0.9em”][vls_ag_gallery_item title=”Image 1″ src=”http://www.blueosa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Blue-Osa-Journeys-to-Cambodia.jpg” tile_width=”1″ tile_height=”1″ attachment_id=”20025″][vls_ag_gallery_item title=”Copy of Image 1″ src=”http://www.blueosa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Cambodia-lodging-Rambutan.jpg” tile_width=”1″ tile_height=”1″ attachment_id=”20026″][vls_ag_gallery_item title=”Copy of Image 1″ src=”http://www.blueosa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Cambodia-Dining-Rambutan.jpg” tile_width=”1″ tile_height=”1″ attachment_id=”20027″][vls_ag_gallery_item title=”Copy of Image 1″ src=”http://www.blueosa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Cambodia-gardens-Rambutan.jpg” tile_width=”1″ tile_height=”1″ attachment_id=”20028″][vls_ag_gallery_item title=”Copy of Image 1″ src=”http://www.blueosa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Cambodia-bathrooms-Rambutan.jpg” tile_width=”1″ tile_height=”1″ attachment_id=”20029″][/vls_ag_gallery]
The Boutique Suites are created on one level. Each consists of a large bedroom with two beds, bathroom with rain-shower, reading chair and a writing desk. In addition, the suites have a balcony with deck chairs, outdoor terrazzo, bathtub and splash-shower, all in a contemporary Asian style.
The Deluxe Villas have two floors. On the lower floor there is a spacious bedroom with two beds, reading chair, writing desk and a bathroom with rain-shower. The upper level consists of a covered sitting area with ceiling fan and a sun deck with open-air bathtub, splash shower and lounge chairs.
Each room is equipped with:
- Air conditioning
- Wireless Internet throughout the resort
- Safety locker in the bedroom
- In-room television
- A private bathroom
- A beautiful balcony / terrace and private outdoor bath
- Ceiling fans
- Swimming pool
- Laundry and dry cleaning service available from housekeeping (at an extra fee)
“Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.”
― Anita Desai
Frequently asked questions
7:00 – 9:30 Yoga Practice with Yogi Aaron
11:30 until dinner free time / some organized tours
6:00 Gather for wine and cocktails
Where else should I travel while I am in Cambodia?
We strongly suggest going through Bangkok. There is just so much to do in Bangkok and it is a great gateway city to so many places close by in Thailand and other neighboring countries. We will offer many suggestions on the Facebook Page.
Since for many of you this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to visit Cambodia, we strongly suggest that you check out Phnom Penh Phnon Penh is not the kind of place you want to spend a lot of time at, but taking 2 or 3 nights to make the journey will make your experience more rewarding.
For Accommodations, we highly recommend the sister resort to the one we will be staying at called Rambutan Resort Phnom Penh. If you have specific questions for Phnom Penh feel free to contact Dirk & Tum. They will be more than happy to take care of you.
Things we recommend:
- Not a happy place but a must see if you would like to understand a bit about the Khmer Rouge time > Tuol Sleng genocide museum
- The silk island
- National museum and Royal Palace
- Russian and Central Market
- Plenty of good restaurants and bars which Dirk & Tum can recommend
What will the weather be like?
We will be in Siem Reap right at the end of the monsoon season. Yogi Aaron has traveled there twice at this time of the year and both times were spectacular.
This is also right at the end of low season allowing the rates to be lower and thus more affordable.
How do I get there?
There are many options and ways to get to Siem Reap. We suggest you ask your travel agent or use one of the travel websites to find the best route for you. We have found that you often need to travel through Bangkok. And then from Bangkok there is a short commuter flight.
What are all the extras I should consider for this trip?
- Additional transportation costs – we are including transportation to the tours. But if you would like to take a taxi anywhere on your own, you will be responsible for your own transportation.
- Incidentals, drinks, laundry, etc.
- Any massage services.
- All lunches. All breakfasts and dinners are included. We are not including lunch for two reasons:
1. The breakfast brunch is really big and delicious.
2. There are a wide variety of culinary experiences to be had in Siem Reap and we want to encourage you to go out and explore them.
What if I don’t have yoga experience? At what level is the yoga being taught?
Yogi Aaron always teaches students of all levels. However, he has two general rules for students who want to study or take class with him.
1. You have to know how to do Downward Facing Dog
2. Don’t complain, don’t explain. Life is too short to dwell in either of these attitudes.
Do I need to speak Khmer? (The language of Cambodia?)
No, you do not need to speak Khmer. Most people working in the service industry know how to speak English and, those who don’t, communicate well through the use of wild hand and arm gestures.
What if I can only come for 7 or 8 days?
That is completely fine. But the price of the retreat will stay the same.
What if I want to stay longer?
Please contact the Rambutan Resort,http://rambutanresortsr.com/home/ and advise them that you are with Yogi Aaron’s Blue Osa Journeys group.
Is the water safe to drink or do I need to purchase bottled water?
The tap water at Rambutan Resorts is safe to brush your teeth but they do not recommend to drink it. Therefore they have the free bottles of drinking water provided in the rooms.
What should I pack for the Retreat to Cambodia?
Our recommendation is to always pack light. You do not need much and there is laundry service available at the Ranbutan Resort. All of our meals will be very casual. No need to dress up.
Three things to keep in mind:
- You must bring your yoga mat. They will not be provided for. Please do not come assuming we will have one for you. We will not. There will be none available. You “might” be able to purchase one nearby but we don’t think so.
- The temperatures will be around 30 degrees C or 82 F. In the evenings, the temperatures drop slightly.
- If you are traveling from the USA and North America with a carry on, kindly remember that airlines in Europe are sometimes very strict with the carry on limits and you will most likely be charged. Please double check with the airlines.
What is Blue Osa’s Cancellation and Refund Policy.
All fees paid for workshops and retreats are non-transferable and non-refundable. In paying for a workshop, you agree to these terms.